A lot of TikTok video uploaders seeking to change their birthdays on TikTok face many unprecedented setbacks, as there is no direct way to do it.
TikTok had the accounts of many suspicious uploaders suspended or deleted during the massive wipe-out of accounts carried out towards the end of 2021.
This came as a shock to many TikTok influencers who had built an impressive online following and engagement, but suddenly couldn’t access their accounts; although the move was in line with TikTok’s Children Online Privacy Protection Act.
TikTok has set various age limits and restrictions baring access to certain functions within the app for underage children and teenagers.
For instance, the minimum age limit to open an account is 13 years, but users need to be at least 16 years old to be able to send or receive DMs, according to the recent updates in their privacy policies.
It was until recently that the TikTok community was able to develop an easy way around getting back any TikTok account that was suspended for age-limit violations, to its status quo.
In this article, we’ll discuss the easiest ways to change your birthday so as to recover a deleted or suspended TikTok Account.
Ways to Change your Birthday on TikTok
- Create another account
- Send an email query to TikTok support
- Submit a complaints form on TikTok app
Let’s take a closer look at each of these options to understand the perfect solution to your current situation.
1. Create another account
Yes, it’s that simple. TikTok has a major flaw_ there’s no layer of age verification for newly opened accounts.
That goes to say, just about anyone can open a TikTok account, stream and watch any desired videos.
The only way for TikTok to notice any discrepancies in the age of an account holder is if the account got reported or flagged by other Tiktokers.
So opening another account might just be the easiest way to change your birthday on TikTok, that’s assuming your old account doesn’t have a huge engagement and followers’ base already.
This is not an ideal solution for old TikTok accounts with hundreds of thousands and millions of daily likes and active followers. If you fall into this category, the next two options are for you.
2. Send an email query to TikTok support
TikTok recently dropped an email that aggrieved owners of deleted or suspended TikTok accounts can use to submit their queries.
Simply send an email to email@example.com stating your complaints and requesting a quick resolution.
We don’t have any reports of a positive feedback from any email queries to TikTok using this format, but we believe it’s worth a try.
While the chances of restoring a deleted account are slim, TikTok offers a 30-day window of opportunity for an account owner to open a dispute concerning a deleted or suspended account.
So if your TikTok account got deleted or suspended, you have 30- days to request it restored back; any account that remains deleted after 30 days will be lost permanently.
3. Submit a complaints form on TikTok app
By general consensus, this is definitely the most reliable way to get your deleted TikTok Account back; although the steps are a bit technical.
Let’s get right to it.
1. First open the TikTok app on your android or iphone
2. Next head to the Profile icon. You’ll find it sitting at the farthest bottom-right of your display screen.
3. At the top-right corner of your profile page, you’ll see 3 lines above each other, beside the human-like icon (the menu icon), choose it.
4. Now select Settings and Privacy to open the privacy and settings options
5. You’ll have to scroll down a bit here, until you get to Support. Select Report a Problem
6. You should see a list of predefined issues based on Popular complaints received.
Here you’ll also have to scroll down till you see Topics, select Account and Profile under Topics.
7. You’ll have to find the Editing Profile option and tap on it, to open other sub-menus. Select Other.
8. Here you’ll be asked if your problem was resolved, tap on Need More Help to open the query form.
Use this query form to request a birthday change on your account profile.
You’ll be required to submit a government-issued ID such as your Social security card, National ID card, or International Passport, as proof of identity and age. You may also request to use other forms of identification such as School IDs or a Military/Paramilitary service ID.
It usually takes between 2-5 working days for TikTok to update the new birth date on your profile, once you’ve completed the application process successfully.
Why do I need to Change my Birthday on TikTok?
Changing your birthday on TikTok offers some benefits which age restrictions could be robbing you of.
- A primary aim of TikTok in restricting Direct Messaging interactions (DMs) to account holders above16 years is to reduce the incidence rate of juvenile abusers, sexual predators, and online scammers who target the vulnerabilities of the lower age groups.
But if you’re sure you are above 16 years but have your birthday in your account settings below that (for unannounced reasons), then you might benefit from a change of Birthday.
- Not only will you be able to send DMs to friends and potential business, academic, and life partners, you’ll also be able to share your videos.
Accounts with birthdays that are below 13 years old can’t upload their videos to potential followers and friends. This is a huge limitation on the engagement and following such accounts can build.
But immediately your birthday is updated, you’ll be able to access all video editing and Sharing functions in TikTok, including starting a live video, especially once your followers are up to 1000 persons.
- TikTok also has gifts and offers specifically for all TikTokers who meet certain requirements:
- Get at least 100,000 followers
- Upload videos that meet TikTok’s safety regulations
- Have an account active for more than 30 days
- Be at least 16 years old in your account date of birth
- One other reason you’ll want your account profile birthday updated is to restore an account that was previously suspended for age-limit violations.
Once the account DOB is updated, you’ll be able to continue using it.
Let us know what you think about this guide and the steps outlined above by leaving a comment below.