Instagram has so many amazing features; one such feature is the save post feature which allows users to save someone else Instagram post.
When you create a new post on Instagram, anybody who likes the content will be able to save it, especially if they find it useful and want to come back to it in the future. They will also be able to un-save your post from the saved list. It goes both ways; you can also save and unsafe other people’s posts.
When we craft unique content that we are proud of, there’s this urge to monitor the post’s engagement, including finding out who saved the post.
This brings us to the question; can I see who saved my Instagram post?
Can You See Who Saved Your Instagram Post?
No, you will not be able to see who saved your Instagram post the same way other people won’t know when you save their posts. However, you will be able to see the number of people that save your Instagram post.
While it is possible to see who saved your post, if you are using a personal Instagram account, you will not be able to enjoy this feature.
With a professional Instagram account, you can see the number of people who saved the post.
You can own two different types of accounts, first, a personal account, and second a professional account. The second type of account has more features than the first.
Including the insight feature that allows you to know which post people like and the post they save. While this might seem unnecessary, it gives you a marketing advantage.
When somebody saves your Instagram post, you will not get a notification. That is because Instagram is trying to protect users’ privacy, and they allow people to save posts anonymously.
While trying not to violate the viewer’s privacy, it could be a problem for the post’s creator, especially if they want to know who saves it. This problem will be sorted out with the insight feature. If you want to enjoy this feature, start switching your account to a professional one.
How To Switch From a Personal Instagram Account to a Professional Instagram Account
Launch your Instagram app and log into your account. You’ll notice a hamburger button at the top; tap it, then settings at the bottom of the screen.
Go to Account, then select Switch to Professional Account.
You will be presented with two options; you can either choose between a business account or a creator account. Before you finally switch to a professional account, you will see a summary of what changes when you switch accounts. Ensure you go through the summary before you tap Continue.
Tap confirm to switch to a business or creator account. Other things you should do before using the account are to review your contact info and add a location to your tour bio, then tap Next.
Now you have a professional account, you will be able to see the number of people who saved your post on Instagram and many other amazing insights.
- Tap your Profile icon to view your posts. It’s the Icon that looks like a silhouette.
- Go to the post that you want to view the number of people who save it.
- Go to View Insight, located under the video or image. You are going to see numerous stats, and you will see a bookmark icon that shows the number of times people save the video.
Ask Your Followers
- This is a rather traditional way of finding out who saved your Instagram post; here is how to go about it;
- Pick out the post you are keen on seeing and the number of followers that saved it.
- Take a screenshot of the post.
- Next, go back to your Instagram main feed and tap on your Home icon.
- Choose the Create an Instagram Story option by tapping the Stories icon in the upper left corner.
- Swipe up to view your gallery, then select the screenshot of the Instagram post.
- To add the screenshot image, tap on the image to your story.
- Then, compose a message for your followers—tap the text icon to do this. The message should demand feedback from your followers. For example, “I would like to know who saved this.”
- Finally, publish the story to your followers by tapping on Your stories. If they reply, it is going to appear as a direct message. Use their feedback as your insight. This option will help you know who precisely saved your post.
Knowing the number of people that save your Instagram post is equally an important insight, and it is even more important than likes. When someone saves your content, it shows that they love it enough to want to share it with others.