AirPods by Apple are one of the most popular wireless headset solutions available today. These tiny buds offer an extended battery life noise cancellation and are relatively comfortable to use for long periods. You may be wondering if they, like most Apple goods, are compatible with the company’s Find My iPhone service.
The Airpods are easy to misplace due to their small size and portability, and this is when Find My iPhone comes in handy. In most cases, employing secure tracking software to locate your Apple gadgets is ideal. However, unlike other gadgets, AirPods are not directly linked to your Apple ID.
Activating the Find My iPhone feature
Check if Find My iPhone is already enabled on your iPhone when linked with AirPods. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Settings on your iPhone.
2. Click on your name there. If your iOS version is 10.2 or higher, you can also navigate directly to iCloud.
3. Scroll down and select Find My.
4. Next, tap the Find My iPhone button one more.
5. Now, turn on the toggle to enable it and send the last location.
How to Connect Your AirPods to Your iPhone
If you don’t first connect your Airpods to a device linked to your iCloud account, the Find My iPhone feature won’t operate. Because the Airpods aren’t linked to the iCloud, you’ll need to use a secondary device to set them up.
You can use your AirPods with Windows and Android, but Find My iPhone will not find them unless they are also synced with an Apple device.
Fortunately, all you have to do is couple your Airpods with your Apple smartphone; you won’t need to do anything else to pair the buds with Find My iPhone.
If you want to pair your AirPods, follow the procedures below:
1. Remove the cover from the Airpod case. Keep both AirPods in the case (they will not pair if one is missing).
2. Navigate to your device’s Bluetooth settings. iOS users must go to Settings > Bluetooth and switch to the On position. Users of macOS must go to the Apple icon > System Preferences > Bluetooth.
3. Hold down the Setup button on the back of your Airpod case until the light inside the case begins to blink.
4. From the device’s Bluetooth settings, tap on the name of your Airpods.
How do I use AirPods to locate my iPhone?
If you do not connect your AirPods to a device linked to your iCloud account at the start, the Find My iPhone feature will not function properly. Because the Airpods will not be automatically connected to iCloud like other Apple products, you will need to use a separate device to set them up.
This can be achieved by using a Mac, iPad, or iPhone. The good news is that you only need to connect your Airpods to your Apple device, and you will not have to do anything else because the earbuds will be immediately paired with Find My iPhone.
Here’s how to connect your Apple AirPods to your iPhone:
• Remove the lid from the AirPods case. Keep both AirPods inside the case as you set them up. The reason for this is; because they airpods will not pair if one is missing.
• Navigate to the Bluetooth settings menu on your device. Users with iOS devices should go to Settings > Bluetooth and ensure the option is switched on.
• Press and hold down the setup button at the back of your Airpods case until a light inside the case begins to flicker, then release the button.
• To connect your AirPods to your device, navigate to your device’s Bluetooth settings and enter their name.
The two should be able to work without issue.
How to Use “Find My Phone” to Determine the Location of Your AirPods
If you misplaced or stole your AirPods, here’s how to find them using your iPhone or other iOS or iPadOS device that has the “Find My Phone” capability enabled.
As previously indicated, the “Find My Phone” feature on your iOS iPhone must be turned on before you may recover your AirPods, and there is no way to turn your device back on once misplaced.
1. Launch the Find My iPhone app, which comes pre-installed.
2. Choose a device from the drop-down option.
3. After navigating through the list of devices, select your AirPods.
4. Your AirPods will be highlighted on a map, either in their current location or in the spot where they were last seen. Choose Directions from the menu bar to get driving directions to their location using Apple Maps. If the missing AirPods are not found, the message “No Location Found” will show.
If your AirPods aren’t all in the exact location, the map will only show one at a time. After you’ve located the AirPod on the map, place it back in its case. When you refresh the map, the second AirPod will show, assisting you in your quest for the other one.
It is not difficult to configure your iPhone always to locate your AirPods. All you have to do is follow the outlined procedures, and everything will be fine.
Let us know in the comment section if you’re finding it difficult or facing any challenges regarding how to pair your AirPods with your iPhone.